Sunday, June 24, 2007

Politics, and Religion don't belong in conversation, unless it's a debate....





Hey everyone,




*Sigh* My best friend, and I are disagreeing over President Bush, and the war in Iraq, Hilary Clinton, and well my heart is heavy over the whole affair.




I just mentioned that the President had been in town, and that I'd missed seeing him, and it lead to all this. :(




I'm such an idiot! Why didn't I remember that there is no way to agree about religion, and politics???




She lives in Europe, so we were bound to have different opinions, and it's not her opinions that bother me. I'm afraid in the back of my mind that this will spread like a virus, like it has to many a great friendship, and I can't lose her as a friend. She's the greatest friend I've ever had, and well you know...




Goodness I hope this clears up, soon...




I e-mailed her 5 minutes ago, and said 'let's agree to disagree' so maybe...




On a lighter note I went to see '1408', today, excellent movie! Very interesting, I won't say more because I don't want to ruin it for anyone.




Also it rained a bit, thank goodness for that, because this is the worst draught in history, and every drop helps! :)




Here's some photos of the flock (just a couple of them though) that lives at my house, lol! Ludwig (the gray, or wild coloration cockatiel), and Raphael (the purplish looking lovebird, it's technically called Double Violet something, something, lol) are mine, and all the birds are hilarious, and fun! Ludwig makes kiss noises, laughs, clicks his tongue, and wolf whistles; and is one of the coolest birds ever!


Anyway, remember polite conversation = no politics, or religion,


Bye,

Bre

1 comment:

Ehav Ever said...

Greetings. I think that one of the reasons that religion and politics are so hard to talk about is due to the idea that in both there is a feeling that someone has to be right and someone has to be wrong. Some religions for example teach that you are either a part of their religion or you burn in hell. There are others however that teach that certain people are supposed to follow the religion, and others have to find their own way. In the end truth with a capital T is something that can only be established by force beyond humanity. So that being said, it is not humanity's responsibility to prove truth, but to live by it and be an example and let the truth prove itself.

In terms of the movie 1408, I am debating seeing it. It looks interesting. I am not into horror unless it is intelligent in story telling.